|
|
|---|
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Absolutely No One on either side of the Republican-Democratic schism appeals to me. Zero, none, nada.
Democrats have a long way to go to get my attention; there are few who will support 2nd Amendment Rights (that's my main benchmark; everybody's got to have at least one...I feel that if a person or a party as a whole wants to limit an individual's right to self-protection, and keep the guns for it's own purposes...that party is dangerous and should not receive support, no matter what other qualifications he, she or it may present).
Dick Morris and Eileen McGann have an Op-Ed today in the New York Post pretty much running a want-ad for a Conservative Candidate for '08. Unlike the 'Crats, who have such stellar candidates as Hillary (Gaggage with Baggage) Clinton:
Then there's that Hussein Guy...Trauma O'Bauma (who is the worst Gun controller of the lot; he had to work hard to get this honor). Obama Opposes gun rights (NRA rating-F; Illinois Citizens for Handgun Control Rating-A).
OK, what about Republicans? From Dick Morris (whom I trust as much as I do a pit bull attached to my hindquarters)
Rudy Guiliani? Pro-choice, pro-affirmative action, pro-gay rights, pro-immigration, pro-gun controlStop right there. 'Nuff said.
Sen. John McCain? The McCain of the Kennedy-McCain bill to let illegal immigrants become citizens? Of the "anti-torture" bill to handcuff our agents when they question terrorists? Of the McCain-Feingold campaign-finance bill that the right wing hates? Of the Lieberman-McCain anti-global-warming bill that addresses a problem the right doesn't believe in? That John McCain for president? The right wing can't tolerate his apostasy even if he is the pro-life candidate that Rudy isn't.OK, admission here. Pro-life isn't a big deal to me. We have an overpopulation problem on this planet. People should be smart enough to know that. Do I have to trot this out every day?
I'm not saying that Abortion should be as free as water. Birth Control before Abortion is even needed should be as free as water (hell, put Birth Control in the water, and make childbirth a regulated, licensed sport...prove you are able to raise 1, or 2, kids, and can stay married long enough to raise them, and can support them until they are past the age where they can trouble society). I know that won't happen in our lifetimes. But if it doesn't, there are going to be some shortened lifetimes for a lot of people, somewhen in the future. But that's another topic for another day...
Mitt Romney, who was pro-life and then switched to pro-choice when he ran to become Massachusetts governor and now is switching back again as he runs for president? The Mitt Romney who said "I will protect and defend the right of Massachusetts women to choose?" The Romney who has flip-flopped on gay issues? Will the right wing back him? No way.Personally, I have a hard time looking at anything out of Massachusettes and being comfortable with it.
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich? A man who has never valued the right-wing social agenda?I like Newt Gingrich (who has as much chance of being elected as I do, given the Left Wing Surge, brought on by Bush's NeoCons who couldn't figure out how to win a war).
Is there no candidate out there who can be man (or woman) enough to deserve to run this country? Not Yet.
Can we please get Reagan cloned?
Labels: Politics, Ronald Reagan, trust me