|
|
|---|
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Ahhhh, I just listened to the President..he's out there, it's time to make or break, putting his (and our) credibility on the line. Do we leave the fragile Iraqi nation to crumble (like we did in Vietnam), and invite even more killings if the sectarian violence gets waay out of hand, or an extremist Islamic nation forms,with the worst of the Islamic Ideology allowed to frement? A new Kymer Rouge? Or do we try to prop up with a surge the nascent government, and while doing so, try to stand behind our country's ideology, which is supposedly superior to that of the Extremist Islamicists?
My wife tells me, "I'm ready for the troops to come home." Yes, we all are. Is it time to forget everything we've done in the past years of war, and pull out? Or do we give it one more surge, to try to right the ship?
I guess I will have to stand with the President on this one. One more try, to be on the ideological side that feels morally correct. I don't mind being in the minority of supporters of the President. I've always felt that I'll stick with my friends, have their backs through thick and thin, and not cut out if the going gets rough. That's why the President wants to succeed in helping the Iraqis generate a democracy, and that's why I will have to stand with him.
Labels: Middle East Medly, Politics, trust me