Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"I didn't mean to kill nobody," Burnside later said of the murder. "I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord."

...R.L. Burnside, about prison, where he served time for murder. Accounts vary; some say 3-6 months, then he was released to help bring in a crop.




I was mucking about awhile ago, and found this YouTube featuring "It's Bad You Know". Whoever put this video together decided to put pictures of "Grand Rapids, Michigan" to the music; that's inappropriate. R.L. Burnside spent some years in Chicago, where three family members were murdered in just one month. He left there in 1959, went back to Mississippi, where he spent the last years of his life. He loved New Orleans; he died 9/1/05, just after the hurricane hit.

This song was used in the HBO Classic "Sopranos" and featured in their Soundtrack CD (I recommend that, BTW.)





Not a bad song, the blues purists decry the melding of modern sounds and old school blues, but I like it. It's...edgy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY