|
|
|---|
Thursday, May 24, 2007
I know, it's a syndicated, paid thing. But there's only two PJM bloggers I will read with regularity (they're like Citrucel for Blogs?) Unless there's a good link dragging me to 'em, I pass on the others. By 'read regulary', these two favored PJM sites are on my Google Reader.
One is Jeff Goldstein, at Protein Wisdom. PW is the first blog I started reading, back in the early spring of '06. Jeff is a skilled writer, a mesmerizing writer-type who actually won't put me to sleep when he's on a roll (there's a few 'writers' who've managed to do that...)
Jeff's had some issues, over the past year, and is struggling to get back to his prior levels. I hope he does. Although I don't know much about his earlier levels, given my late arrival as a reader, but it had to be good...
My other PJM favorite is Iowahawk.
I'm glad he doesn't spew out 30 posts a day; I can't (and won't try) to keep up with bloggers who do. Iowahawk's good for just one or two a week, if that many. That's one thing I look for in a blog: infrequency. I can't read Insty for that reason: he must live inside his box, with little time to get out. Other PJM's do the same. That's not blogging; that's missing life. Or, worse, doing it for pay. Paid blogging isn't much blogging, either, it's Drudging. Give me an Iowahawk over an Insty any day.
Back to Iowahawk...he's the king of jestic irony, the pinnacle of sardonic wittery. Of course, I'm not going as far as, say, Dan Collins (jeez, man, if modern writers have that effect on you, stick to 16th century classics...at least you'd be choking on dust) but I'll give him his due. If he puts out a novel, I'll buy a stack for gifts...
Speaking of Infrequent Blogging, I'm heading out, tomorrow, for a Nantahala Holiday. Probably won't be posting, much. I'll carry my laptop, but won't struggle to find a hotspot.
Got a life, you know...
;D
BTW, this is my Blogiversary. Hmmmph. Without any help or aid, what you see is what you get, pure experimentation. I might keep it up.
One is Jeff Goldstein, at Protein Wisdom. PW is the first blog I started reading, back in the early spring of '06. Jeff is a skilled writer, a mesmerizing writer-type who actually won't put me to sleep when he's on a roll (there's a few 'writers' who've managed to do that...)
Jeff's had some issues, over the past year, and is struggling to get back to his prior levels. I hope he does. Although I don't know much about his earlier levels, given my late arrival as a reader, but it had to be good...
My other PJM favorite is Iowahawk.
I'm glad he doesn't spew out 30 posts a day; I can't (and won't try) to keep up with bloggers who do. Iowahawk's good for just one or two a week, if that many. That's one thing I look for in a blog: infrequency. I can't read Insty for that reason: he must live inside his box, with little time to get out. Other PJM's do the same. That's not blogging; that's missing life. Or, worse, doing it for pay. Paid blogging isn't much blogging, either, it's Drudging. Give me an Iowahawk over an Insty any day.
Back to Iowahawk...he's the king of jestic irony, the pinnacle of sardonic wittery. Of course, I'm not going as far as, say, Dan Collins (jeez, man, if modern writers have that effect on you, stick to 16th century classics...at least you'd be choking on dust) but I'll give him his due. If he puts out a novel, I'll buy a stack for gifts...
Speaking of Infrequent Blogging, I'm heading out, tomorrow, for a Nantahala Holiday. Probably won't be posting, much. I'll carry my laptop, but won't struggle to find a hotspot.
Got a life, you know...
;D
BTW, this is my Blogiversary. Hmmmph. Without any help or aid, what you see is what you get, pure experimentation. I might keep it up.
Powered by ScribeFire.
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)