|
|
|---|
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Did Cindy Sheehan quit because she was 'Deemed a Radical Attention Whore'; or did she finally realize that she had trashed Casey's memory?
Posted by kotang at 4:50 AMFrom Cindy Sheehan's Memorial Day Diary entry on Daily Kos:
To carry said questioning to the level you did...estranging your remaining family members, your divorce, your embracing of Hugo Chavez and other "America Haters", your endless protests that did more to fuel the enemy's propoganda machine than to bring legitimate questions of the war's conduct to the nation...that seems to me to be a little off the wagon path.
By your own words "I have sacrificed a 29 year marriage and have traveled for extended periods of time away from Casey’s brother and sisters and my health has suffered and my hospital bills from last summer (when I almost died) are in collection because I have used all my energy trying to stop this country from slaughtering innocent human beings." Instead of your intended result "I have tried every since he died to make his sacrifice meaningful", you've demeaned Casey's service, his oath and his obvious desire (when he signed up) of wanting to serve his country, and linked his name and memory forever to your path, which turns out to be (at least temoporarily; history might see differently) an "Attention Whore".
Casey didn't deserve such a linkage. Bad mom.
Now, go home and try to rebuild your shattered family, before it's too late.
Original article on Fox News (you don't really think I visited KOS without being dragged, kicking and screaming, do you?)
"I have also reached the conclusion that if I am doing what I am doing because I am an "attention whore" then I really need to be committed."Cindy, everyone in America, especially a mother who's lost a son in combat, has to question, legitimally, 'why?' Was my child's sacrifice worth it? Is there somthing I can do to make a difference?
To carry said questioning to the level you did...estranging your remaining family members, your divorce, your embracing of Hugo Chavez and other "America Haters", your endless protests that did more to fuel the enemy's propoganda machine than to bring legitimate questions of the war's conduct to the nation...that seems to me to be a little off the wagon path.
By your own words "I have sacrificed a 29 year marriage and have traveled for extended periods of time away from Casey’s brother and sisters and my health has suffered and my hospital bills from last summer (when I almost died) are in collection because I have used all my energy trying to stop this country from slaughtering innocent human beings." Instead of your intended result "I have tried every since he died to make his sacrifice meaningful", you've demeaned Casey's service, his oath and his obvious desire (when he signed up) of wanting to serve his country, and linked his name and memory forever to your path, which turns out to be (at least temoporarily; history might see differently) an "Attention Whore".
Casey didn't deserve such a linkage. Bad mom.
Now, go home and try to rebuild your shattered family, before it's too late.
Original article on Fox News (you don't really think I visited KOS without being dragged, kicking and screaming, do you?)
Powered by ScribeFire.
Labels: Chavez, Just STFU, KOS Nutroots, Politics
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)