Tuesday, March 13, 2007

So, Viacom has continued what the NFL started; suing the 'deep pockets' of Google for 'Intellectual Copyright Violation', for posting the short clips that people upload to YouTube.

What, do they expect people will rush out to buy their crap, or watch it on the box at a programmer's convenience, suffering through who knows how many more boring commercials, if they stifle YouTube ?

Personally, I can't stand broadcast TV. That includes the majority of cable shows (now I do make an exception for the NFL, and some HDTV stuff, and I have a passing knowledge of Fox News, etc.) Truthfully, I watch more TV when I'm on the road in a motel box than I do at home. My favorite? The Sopranos, of course. Tony plays no games...I like that.

So, when I see a 'clip' on You Tube posted somehere on the web, that may be my only exposure to a show. That's especially true of stuff from the Comedy Channel, you know, 'fluff' stuff that really is of no use or value, and I consider mostly a major waste of time.

So, YouTube posts short, interesting clips that are easily consumed, and serve to convey information that's (to me) in the right place at the right time. Perfect for my own viewing habits. And, as far as the NFL goes, the clips of important plays in games were great, especially when there is a lot of interest in a play (I had a post of Vince Young strutting over the goal line in Houston, when he ruled that city; the stinkin' NFL crashed that one...it's not like that is available, instantly, for sale, anywhere else).

So, my thinking on this? Screw Viacom, and the NFL, for being such scrooges. I think Google should charge them for promoting their otherwise easily-forgotten products.

powered by performancing firefox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY