Tuesday, March 13, 2007

"But the pain..." he said. "Pain," she sniffed. "A human can override any nerve in the body."

"Ever sift sand through a screen?" she asked. "We sift people to find the humans."


Paul Atreide's test, at the beginning of Frank Herbert's Dune
General Pace's remarks, expressing his personal opinion on Gays in the Military in particular, and Gays in Society in general, today touched off a firestorm of criticism. General Pace told The Chicago Tribune Tuesday that
“I believe homosexual acts between two individuals are immoral and that we should not condone immoral acts."

He said he supports the “don’t ask, don’t tell policy,’’ explaining that "I do not believe the United States is well served by a policy that says it is OK to be immoral in any way."

"As an individual, I would not want [acceptance of gay behavior] to be our policy, just like I would not want it to be our policy that if we were to find out that so-and-so was sleeping with somebody else's wife, that we would just look the other way, which we do not. We prosecute that kind of immoral behavior..."
This firestorm again brings to the fore two matters: the question of whether Homosexuality should be tolerated in the Military, and as an ancilliary question, whether anyone can express their opinion, and expect to be quashed like a bug for their expression.

We've seen, recently, both Dick Cheny and Ann Coulter bashed for their statements; now it's General Pace's turn to be ground to pulp in the Political Correctness Mill.

I'll ignore the second question (or, if you will, defy it) by addressing the first.

Frankly, I'm sick of the moral decay in or society, and the degredation of character I believe is resulting from our slide into 'Moral Relevance', propagated by Liberal Culture.

I'll tell you exactly where I stand on the issue of Homosexuality, and why I quoted a line from an old book that probably you've never read. It's a matter of people who are just people, and people who are Human.

I strongly support Gen. Pace's remarks, and his beliefs. He's right.

First, the Military should not be made into a cauldron of social gamesmanship. They have a difficult duty and a responsibility to this country, and that responsibility is much more important than to allow these fighting social issues to ferment.

Morality is not all about Religion. Some people who Church have morality, others who've never been have more. But, in these times, we are seeing a regression of Human morality, a degredation of Humans. people who are Human will face a moral trial, like homosexuality, and turn away from it. Some, weaker, people succumb to their narcissistic, animalistic desires, and lose...their Humanity.

There's a lot of people in this world, but, after the trials of life, few can remain Human.

powered by performancing firefox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY