|
|
|---|
Sunday, April 20, 2008
...on Ben Stein's new movie Expelled. It seems both sides of the 'debate' have forced Glenn into some candid frankness...
MORE: I hate writing about this stuff because -- pardon me while I speak plainly -- the people on both sides of this issue are assholes. I mean, even by the low standards of Internet discussion. I'm getting email calling me a "theocon shill" for mentioning Stein, and email telling me I'll burn in hell for calling Intelligent Design "pernicious twaddle." Frankly, the rabid atheists and the rabid creationists seem an awful lot alike, and no proper hell could be truly hellish without the both of them yammering away at each other. Feh.
[linkages MINE...one twodigit, and Nishi, the smart one.]
I've a strong science background, and a strong religious background. I've no problem at all reconciling belief and excitement for one with similar emotions for the other. If only scientists could answer that one burning question, then I suppose there would be no need for further questions. Or movies
I've not yet seen the movie. Usually I won't watch a movie in a theater, preferring to wait for the DVD. In this case, I have to see what the fuss is all about.
After I use up the stack building materials I bought Saturday, and framed up this morning. Every nail you drive takes away from your resale value...my Realtor.
But...but...I use Intelligent Design!
;D
Labels: religion...or the lack of it
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)