Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'll give 'em this...you see these pollinators everywhere. I mean, every single thoroughfare I travel has some "Ron Paul" decorations. No other candidate has as much visible support, at least not in Kentucky and Tennessee.

In Soddy Daisy, yesterday, a fresh paint job on the Ron Paul election HQ (which also passes for the animal clinic, it seems...)
[click for larger pictures]

Ummm...yes, the local Vet must be a Ron Paul supporter.


When I saw this, my first remark was "...the paint won't dry before Ron Paul pulls out of this race!"

On reflection, that's just not true.

Ron Paul hasn't a chance to become our next President, but he can certainly influence who might become President, as did Ross Perot in 1992. I've posted my thoughts on that scenario already.

What's changing today, at least for me, is the Fred Thompson weakness thingy...I'll know more about Fred's Fate after South Carolina's primary results come in tonight, but to say I'm disappointed in Fred's lack of momentum is understatement.

Fred should have gotten off his duff and pushed, hard, early in 2007. I was there for him in March. The political climate today isn't the same as what we're accustomed to. A candidate is expected to show energy, early and often. This isn't the day of the old Red Truck that Fred rode to his Senate victory in 1994, coming back from a 21-point deficit to whip some clown who's name I can't remember. Today, we have this internet thing, and everything has to keep pace. Old Red Fred and his truck may see some early parking.

Fred could have used some of Ron Paul's worker bees. And Ron Paul's stamina. And Ron Paul's internet savvy. And Ron Paul's tenacity.

If Fred falls today, who's going to be left, palatable, to take the Republican Nomination? Mitt (I was for Gun Control, now I'm against it, at least until I get some nice Republican support) Romney? Or (unlikely) (even more Gun Control) Giuliani? After Bush's Backstab, I definitely won't support another Republican who doesn't remember who his friends are, and only courts votes with rhetoric. Screw Mitt, and Rudy.

I can't support any Democrat; they are synonymous with Gun Control.

I may yet don a Bee costume, a la Belushi.

For the protest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY