Thursday, August 30, 2007

Many years ago, when my daughter was born, my wife gave me a framed print of a poem by J. Dennis Shields, "The Joys of Being a King". I wanted to pass this along.

My daughter is now 19, in college.

We wanted to give a copy of this to friend who is expecting a daughter soon. I couldn't find it online, anywhere, Google failed me, so here it is.

The Joys of Being a King


To watch her tumble into bed
After she's had her story read;
To have her climb onto my lap,
And snuggle close to take her nap;
To know that in her eyes I stand
As tall and strong as any man;
To teach her how to do what's right,
To hear her ask how stars give light;
To know she'll bring me all her fears,
Because she knows I'll dry her tears;
To watch her sleep with rumpled hair,
To see her scold her Teddy Bear;
To see her dressed in Mommy's cloths,
To watch her smell her first spring rose;
To feel her gentle, loving touch
As she holds the hand she trusts so much;
To share the things that makes her sad,
To hear her say " I love you, Dad";
To scold and then to see her pout,
To help her learn what life's about;
My lovely princess, as only she can,
Makes me glad I'm a Father and a Man.


J. Dennis Shields


The version I printed, modified with graphics...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY