Friday, March 9, 2007

Today, we hear that Newt Gingrich acknowledged having an affair, while roasting Clinton...for lying about having an affair.

So long, Newt. You're not worthy to lead the Republican ticket. Democratic, secular liberals, those 'social degenerates' with their loose morals and poorly defined conduct codes, now those folks wouldn't bat an eye about your 'personal life'; it seems that any moral trappings they desire to sweep away, replacing any fibrous moral code that might have a tinge of religious basis with 'moral relativism', something defined not by any religion, but a flexible system based on their internal consciousness; 'clocks' if you will (many of whom never get wound up, given their overall acceptance of such things as abortion of near-term infants and male-on-male sodomy).

Another candidate who lacks the support of the Conservative base is Rudy Giuliani (and not just for his mistake in New York City, where he instituted Gun Control)...Rudy's three marriages (one involved flaunting a mistress around NYC before his divorce...nice job, Rudy!) and Mitt Romney (not for any known philandering, but some known Mass'ass'achusettes flip-flopping on Gay rights and Abortion wrongs...and who knows, he might have a harem set up and waiting for him on the border of Utah and Arizona, complete with three wives and twelve tap-dancing Melchizedeks).

OK, so what do I care? I haven't been in a large, drafty building on any given Sunday morning in decades. Certainly, I was brought up in a strict religious home, but have backslid my way away from religion. Does this mean I lack personal morality? Well, I've been married for 21 years, with no affairs. I guess I'm just weird, that way.

But what it really means to me is that, if I can conduct my personal 'affairs' without the threat of heavenly devilish wrath (which may very well await me on that 'other side'), then why not expect at least a modicum of morality, some nod toward what I percieve to be correct behavior, on the part of whoever I cast a vote for?

I don't want to see Newt, or Giuliani, or Mitt Romney nominated for Republican presidential office. Of course there is no option of any values whatsoever on the 'other side of the aisle'; those people are just alien to me. Who is there, for the Conservative Republicans, with at least an appearance of values, to satisy the Conservative base, be they Religious or just not wanting to support an abundance of small evils?

What about Fred Thompson?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY