|
|
|---|
Saturday, March 31, 2007
I'm never one for platitudes. I've a straightforward approach to things; always the stoic one, with a large cache of humor; the type who might accept life's hardships, to a degree, while trying to laugh at the worst things (and, sez my wife, at inappropriate times...)
This week has proved trying to my nature. My father died, and was brought back after great effort by a heroic crew of dedicated Physicians and staffers. Seriously, he had passed, and has returned. He is still in critical condition, and I thank the staff of doctors and trained professionals who've tirelessly worked to help keep him alive. He's a fighter, and has cheated death before, and we're hoping he will again.
And, thanks to the ministers who visit, and pray with the family, for at times like these, there is need for such help. That's why Religion remains strong in America, and people of Faith are respected and held in high regard...their Faith, in trying times, is as important as the machinations of tubing, electronics and cold steel to people who appreciate, need, and are strengthened by...such Faith.
Labels: religion...or the lack of it