|
|
|---|
Friday, January 5, 2007
Update 1/5/07
The Denver Post is reporting today that Denver Police are actually better than the Dallas Police Department...they've located a repainted SUV in a bad neighborhood, and have three gangsters they are looking for.
Of course, said gangsters are probably back in LA by now.
"The SUV, with license-plate number 665-OBS, had been painted dark gray, except for its top, which was left white. Police said an effort was made to disguise the Tahoe's rear license plate with paint, but the front plate remained unaltered."Well, we know these gangsters are short and stupid...
Oh, before I forget...I heard from an indirect source that it was reported yesterday morning, on a local new station (which one? who cares?) that PacMan Jones had a 'run in' with...
George freakin' Jones!
When Pac left his Nashville neighborhood and moved out into the country, no one knew exactly where he went...but now unverified reports say that he was riding his 4-wheelers on his neighbor's land and the neighbor called the local constabulary to run him off. George Jones (who has had issues of his own) lives off of HWY 96, just east of Franklin. And if Pac is his neighbor, you know he's one sore old gaffer.
I'll keep trying to find out more about this (believe me, I searched every news outlet in Nashville yesterday, but not a thing...yet).
POSTED 1/1/07 8:16PM
"Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was killed and two other people were wounded in downtown Denver early Monday when the occupant of a passing vehicle unloaded a handgun into the limo in which Williams was a passenger."

This transcends any ball game. A 24 year-old athlete was in the wrong place at the wrong time...the shots were fired into the limo at random. The shooter couldn't see in the windows (they are dark-tinted) to target a specific individual, but police stated "We don’t believe it was random."
Well, of course not. Someone with absolutely no sense fired a clip of what looks like .40's into a limo full of people, killing one and wounding two...one a young lady with a bullet in her head, that hasn't been removed yet. They may have to leave it there.
In a New Year's Eve/Birthday party at one club, taunts were thrown about. Mouths were run. Remember after the SuperBowl in Atlanta, where Ray Lewis was involved in a shooting? (Not Jamal Lewis, that was drug charges). It seems that trouble follows NFL stars...
"The Shelter night club has three different levels, and hosts themed parties on each floor. On New Year's Eve the club hosted "Safari," a hip-hop bash held on the club's second floor. The event, which sold out, was advertised in Westword as a celebration of Denver Nuggets Kenyon Martin's birthday, with music by DJ Chief Rocka of the Radio Bums." "Denver police say Williams or his friends were involved in an altercation at a club called The Shelter, a dispute that may have prompted the gunman to pursue the distinctive white Hummer stretch limo a few blocks onto the northbound lanes of 11th and Speer.
There, the gunman and others riding in a white sports utility vehicle pulled alongside the limo and fired several shots, leaving bullet holes splayed alongside the driver’s side of the vehicle and shattering a rear tinted window.
Coach Mike Shanahan said the killing left him "speechless with sadness."
"We all know that Darrent was an excellent player, but as a person, he was a first-class young man who brightened every room with his smile, attitude and personality," Shanahan said. "I cannot express how heartsick I feel at this loss."
Denver seems to be a dangerous city for athletes.
Last April, Nuggets guard Julius Hodge was shot while driving on Interstate 76 in Denver. In 2003, Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Joey Porter, who played at Colorado State, was shot outside a Denver sports bar.
"Since then, I carry myself in a different type of way," Porter said Monday. "I respect my situation whenever I go out. I take a whole different outlook when I go out. I make sure I feel like I'm safe and if I'm not, I'm not going."
I know it's too early to say to PacMan that this could very well have been him, but...I'm sure some one will, in the near future.
At least I hope they will...
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)