Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Note to IE users...

Internet Explorer (IE) users will find the right sidebar floating down, down, down and out of site. I didn't know about this until a commenter on LGF (I managed to get a sign-on ID, for the first time ever!) was kind enough to point it out to me.

I've spent four hours trying to correct the broken sidebar float issue for IE users, using every possible combination of template fix that's available to me (including this one, ranked highest in Google searches), to no avail. My dusty copy of IE (hidden so far down and out of sight that it took me five minutes to find it) just won't display my sidebar anywhere but below the post body. Yes, I've tried to float right, left, none, position absolute, every combination; even limiting my view to a single post and making sure the image wasn't breaking the float: nothing works.

Internet Explorer sucks, to coin a phrase. IE is the worst browser since, oh, Windows 95, when Bill Gates tryed to grab the browser market. I've always used Netscape, and now Mozilla Firefox. All the cool kids use Firefox. Please, drop your IE and get Firefox!

Inside notes: I am using the 'old' blogger template. I've customized this thing until it's almost where I like it, but there's a 'new' template that uses widgets. I will, at some point, 'upgrade' to a new blogger template, with these 'widget' thingys. I wonder if those will fix the sidebar float issue. But I'll have to have some time to work on that, as I don't want to lose my haloscan commenting, or the other features I've built in to this one.

I will probably ditch blogger sooner or later. Google is annoyingly leftist, and plays games with right-leaning blogger's search results.

It would be a lot easier on me if you would just ditch Internet Explorer, and get another browser.

Thanks for your consideration!!

Get Firefox!Get Firefox!Get Firefox!Get Firefox!Get Firefox!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY