|
|
|---|
Monday, January 21, 2008
"Tie your life to a politician? Are you nuts?"
Rush Limbaugh played the dirge today. I've not heard him so depressed since his dark days.
You can go to Say Anything Blog and listen to Rush's call and response. Or, maybe, if this link thing works, here as well.
From Rush's transcript...
RUSH: And I also, I can see possibly not supporting a Republican nominee.I know; I was there, yesterday, but it's time to move along.
CALLER: Hm-hm.
RUSH: And I never thought that I would say that in my life.
CALLER: Right.
RUSH: "But, Rush, but, Rush, what about Hillary?" (sigh) By the way, the sigh is not aimed at you Jim.
CALLER: Oh, I know.
RUSH: This stuff is very tough.
From Carl Cameron (via Ace) there's the possibility Fred Thompson always had the VP slot in mind...
Fred Thompson sources say the actor and former Tenn senator may withdraw from the race. There are no plans to attend Thursday’s Florida debate.To make Mitt more palatable?
Staffers have been on partial pay since the NH primary. The Senators plans are very fluid. As of 8:45 this evening, there are no plans for any announcement about whether he will stay in the race or not. The team is wrestling with very few options. The Senator is in Nashville visiting his mother (in her 90’s) who has been ill.
From THE FIRST DAY Fox News broke the story last March of his candidacy, Thompson has always had a vice presidential bid in mind. Today a top aide even mentioned the idea on Brian and the Judge on Fox News Radio.
I'll bet Fred would never accept the VP bid if it were extended by John McCain.
He might be out of the race, but I'll bet he still has his principles.
Now, again, just who the hell is this Mitt Romney guy?
Labels: elections, Fred Thompson, Politics, Rush Limbaugh
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)