Sunday, January 20, 2008

"I will not, will not, vote for John McCain.

"I will not, will not, vote for Mike Huckabee.

"I will not, will not, vote for Ron Paul — unless he runs for Fuhrer. In which case, he’s got my full support.

"I might hold my nose and vote for Mitt Romney, but to be perfectly honest, I have no confidence in him, and my vote would be moot, anyway: there’s no way he wins a national election. Because let’s face it: the average US voter is simply not ready to give the White House to a guy named after a first baseman’s glove.

"Which means that if Fred Thompson drops out of the race (aside: I have no idea what Republican primary voters are thinking — other than that they are no longer interested in conservatism, and have become every bit as statist as their progressive counterparts), I’m resigning myself to a Democratic presidency in 2008..."
After my near-disaster yesterday, in which I actually flirted with Ron Paul (then after some real soul-searching and a draught or two of the Demon Rum, I've rethought that...there's no way Ron Perot will get my vote. And if he does, someone needs to shoot the zombie that's taken over my body.) That near-collapse was fueled by jealousy of the RP campaign's efficiency, seeing Ron Perot’s seemingly extra-added Viagra surge in his election erection. Ron’s Paulbots, who, buzzing about with the energy and stamina of worker bees (and just as short-lived too…as soon as the election is over, it’s back to the bong in mom’s basement…) have carried him to unimaginable heights of success (I’m still agog at Michigan’s results).

Thompson is laid back. Isn’t that what everyone wants in a President? Easy does it on the reins, there, Executive boy. Just keep taxes low and Congress in check, appoint some nice non-leftist Judges, and stare down Ahmadinnerjacket when needed. Let Congress wrangle and grind to a halt; that costs us little.

I will agree to vote for Mitt Romney or Rudy Giuliani (not likely, Rudy, as he's fallen off to nothing; so promising early on, then exactly what did happen? The mistress connection? Thankfully, you don't hear Rudy blaming voting shenanigans, as Dems do when they lose...) if Fred Thompson is on the ticket. That's my vote in the General Election; but a lot can happen between now and then. There's always the Convention.



That, folks, will be A Big Deal. Maybe the biggest, evah.


"So. There you have it, comrades. It’s Mourning in America.

Meh.
"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY