|
|
|---|
Monday, September 10, 2007
Yesterday's Buffalo-Denver contest was one of tragedy for Kevin Everett, who sustained a helmet-to-helmet hit while performing a special-teams tackle on Denver return man Domenik Hixon.
During a return, players can reach their top speeds and a helmet-to-helmet hit at these velocities is always dangerous. Kevin is now literally fighting for his life, and faces a future of possible paralysis. From his surgeon, Dr. Andrew Cappuccino...
During a return, players can reach their top speeds and a helmet-to-helmet hit at these velocities is always dangerous. Kevin is now literally fighting for his life, and faces a future of possible paralysis. From his surgeon, Dr. Andrew Cappuccino...
"A best-case scenario is full recovery, but not likely,"I'll keep an eye on this, and pray for Kevin.
...
"I believe there will be some permanent neurological paralysis. ... A full neurological recovery was bleak, dismal."
...
"I was honest with him, and he told me, 'Do everything you can to help me..."'
Powered by ScribeFire.
Labels: NFL, Sadness..., Sports
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)