Tuesday, August 21, 2007

UPDATE 8/21/07 7:00PM
Fred Thompson talks New York City, Gun Control, Giuliani

Fred KNOWS what's on the mind of Conservatives in America...and he's not afraid of pointing out Giuliani's fault lines. From an email I received today (being a Friend of Fred and all...) links to here...

"When I was working in television, I spent quite a bit of time in New York City. There are lots of things about the place I like, but New York gun laws don’t fall in that category.

"Anybody who knows me knows I’ve always cared deeply about the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. So I’ve always felt sort of relieved when I flew back home to where that particular civil liberty gets as much respect as the rest of the Bill of Rights.

"Unfortunately, New York is trying, again, to force its ways on the rest of us, this time through the courts. First, they went after U.S. gun manufacturers, seeking through a lawsuit not only money but injunctive control over the entire industry. An act of congress in 2005 blocked, but did not end, that effort.

"Now, the same activist federal judge from Brooklyn who provided Mayor Giuliani’s administration with the legal ruling it sought to sue gun makers, has done it again. Last week, he created a bizarre justification to allow New York City to sue out-of-state gun stores that sold guns that somehow ended up in criminal hands in the Big Apple."
(emboldenings mine)
Just what we need to see and hear. A true candidate, a man who isn't afraid of small things like Rudy Giuliani, a man who stands up to whoever isn't on the same page we are. One more line:
"While this attack by New York City on the Second Amendment reinforces the importance of appointing judges who apply the law as written, there is another important legal point. Federalism, though usually seen as a protection of the states from the federal government, actually grew out of the need to protect states from other states that interfered in free commerce beyond their borders – as New York is doing today. In this case, we need Federalism to protect states from a big bully in New York City."
You hear that, Giuliani, with your 'Big Bully' tactics, NYC isn't like the rest of the USA. There's too many people, too many taxes, and too little common sense. Keep your 'expertise' at big-city management off the controls of our government, please.

Maybe, a nice ambassadorship to a kindred city in Japan?




«Original Post 8/21/07 7:00AM»

Rudy won't get my support, if he does win the Republican Nomination for President. I've said that already. Sorry, we have enough of the left's political viewpoints on the left without those views encroaching on the right side. The Republicans can KMA if they nominate Giuliani; I would sooner vote for Ross Perot or Donald Duck.

From The Jawa Report, yesterday, a roundup of Rudy's views over the years on gun control, including this Issues Only report:
"My position for many years has been that just as a motorist must have a license, a gun owner should be required to have one as well. Anyone wanting to own a gun should have to pass a written exam that shows that they know how to use a gun, that they’re intelligent enough and responsible enough to handle a gun. Should both handgun and rifle owners be licensed...we’re talking about all dangerous weapons."
OK, dangerous weapons boy, what about a knife? Or my 3-sectional staff, which is some kind of weapon at close range...

That's not the point, though. Rudy should know better than to limit or trouble access to guns for good guys. When it comes to criminals who use (or have) guns, then I support forever jail time (if that's what it takes to keep access for the rest of us, then, yes, jail criminals for ever.) No 'time off for good behavior', no 'but he's reformed, let his out early'. Mandatory sentences, enforced, no outs, 10 years added on to whatever sentence the crime carries. So long, sucka.

Here's Rudy, running his yap about the NRA:

Yeah, if I vote for Rudy, you get a fried pie...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY