Friday, July 20, 2007



Longtime Nashville City Paper poster Idgaf emailed me for a favor: a 'chop of Nashville's Mayoral Candidate, David Briley, doing his Illegal Alien Dance in a Sombrero. My initial reaction: Nashville is electing a Mayor?

I will admit that Nashville's mayoral selection doesn't mean a lot to me. I can't vote, anymore, in Davidson County (thank GOD I don't live there anymore!) but I do pay business taxes, so I guess this is my cyber 'vote'.

I know Briley is a Liberal, but was suprised to find this post by an Indianapolis blogger (not many Nashville bloggers I can put up with...NIT is witless without Brittney, and Volunteer Voters sucks with Kleinheider) so here's One Old Vet, who collects stories from around the nation on the Illegal Immigration issue. One Old Vet...hmmm, quite a find. I'll have to blogroll him...

From the Nashville Scene's Jeff Wood's piece on Wednesday, "Liberal Briley does an about-face on illegal immigration"

To the surprise of many of his supporters, David Briley is suddenly talking tough about illegal immigration. With a TV ad that began airing this week, Briley has become the first mayoral candidate to play to the angry anti-immigration crowd in Nashville.
Well, Liberals always do seem to stray to middle ground when votes are needed. Bob Clement (another candidate I don't like) is gaining a lot of ground, given his enormous coffers.
The council member, whose campaign is last in the polls and running out of money, defends his about-face and denies that he’s trying to exploit anger in the city to his political advantage.
Briley wants to slap employers who hire undocumented workers, but doesn't care to boot out the illegals who are here already...
“I know this is a subtle point,” he tells the Scene, “but I still believe we shouldn’t do anything to push anyone out of our community."
So, Briley, you're beaten in the polls, and this desperado move to pick up voters annoyed with illegals is a bit transparent.

So, what are you going to do after the election?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY