|
|
|---|
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Men are 'too PC' to pay Women Compliments, anymore? Maybe that's because they don't want to get sued...
Posted by kotang at 5:38 AMFrom Ananova (they of the original, speaking "Hello, World" aninimatrix, missing now from their website) has this bit of 'earth-shattering' news: Women aren't getting compliments, anymore, spontaneously, from shell-shocked men in the workplace.
Men have become too concerned about political correctness to give a compliment to the opposite sex, a new survey says.You think, maybe, that's because there is a backlash to the women's movement, maybe the Ann Marcotte-style Feminazis have ruined it for the rest?
Some 12% said no one had paid them a compliment in the past three months, the poll for Loire Valley White Wines found.Yeah, fit the compliment through a head of a needle. If there is any lapse in correct syntax that might step just a smidgeon out of place, then bring down the PC lawsuits, and the recriminations ad nauseum. Women just might be seeing that backlash in the lack of compliments.
Christine Webber, a relationship expert, said: "While it may seem somewhat frivolous, a compliment is in fact a vital ingredient for well-being.
"The trick though is to be able to pay someone a compliment and make them feel good about themselves, rather than coming over as smarmy or, worse, a bit lecherous."
That backlash might be affecting other things some women are missing. Now I have to explain the real reason I was visiting Ananova dot com in the first place...
I was actually checking out Ace's newest post in my Google Reader (the most remarkeable Feed Reader I've ever seen, and I love to play with new software), following his link to a new device, called Vortex Vibrations, that attaches to a vacuum cleaner, and by producing a "rapid and gentle vibration", allows a woman to get "multiple, back-to-back orgasms lasting up to a minute a time - and it does not even touch the skin." WT[no]F?
Being both mechanically and electronically capable and curious, I had to see what the thing looked like. I expected to see something like whatever the hell is in this Dishwasher over at Cowboy Blob's site...
Not much there in the link's picture to go on. Does it help, I wonder, if the subject is hirsute?
Anyways, here's a American woman, who hasn't had any action in 15 years, vacuuming her carpets, who winds up looking longingly at her vacuum cleaner; she then has an imaginatary seventh-inning stretch, and voila! next thing you know she's in love with her hosed partner-for-life.
You have to wonder: why hasn't she had any compliments paid to her, since her divorce 15 years ago? Are men in Denver just too Politically Correct to help out a gal?
Or does she have other issues?
Powered by ScribeFire.
Labels: just for fun, sunday funny, tomfoolery
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)