|
|
|---|
Thursday, April 19, 2007
We know what Harry Reid thinks, and says. This is nothing new.
"I believe ... that this war is lost, and this surge is not accomplishing anything, as is shown by the extreme violence in Iraq this week," Reid told journalists.and, to President Bush yesterday,
"I know I was the odd guy out at the White House, but I told him at least what he needed to hear ... I believe the war at this stage can only be won diplomatically, politically and economically."Yes, Baghdad has reeled from car bombings, this week. We are at a point where funding for the troops is a political football. We are playing gamemanship, politically, with the lives of better men than are in any office in Washington.
So should we pull out? At this point, if we in the streets and those preening peacocks in the congress can't back our troops 100%, if all Americans can't support the troops, then there is no need for them to continue risking their lives for us.
I do want to hear what Petraeus has to say. He's ten times smarter than Reid, on matters of strategy and tactics. All Reid has is his hands on the purse strings.
Even if I change my mind on continuing the war, I won't ever join with Democrats in Bashing Bush. My thinking is more in line with supporting the Troops, and what's best for our country's future.
powered by performancing firefox
Labels: George Bush 43, Politics
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)