Saturday, February 10, 2007

Hey, I'm not going to say the kid should not be there...not when you consider the entire "Pro Bowl" experience. The game is laughable, nobody watches, and I wonder why they even keep score.

It's a big party, an end-of-season farewall, a fun sendoff after 16 (or more) grueling games where most teams are taking it serioulsy (except the ones who gave up after losing on Monday Night to the Bears, and who's Coach had the most famous 'Crown their ass' rant, and subsequently got his sorry ass fired...I just love watching this thing!)



So, why is VY at the Pro Bowl, anyway? Philip Rivers, Tom Brady and Steve McNair copped out. Steve was the last choice to drop off the list before the league decided on Young, and Steve's reasons for not going were not golf or injury, but because he wanted his lil' buddy to get a chance to experience what he already has. Nice gesture, Steve, you always are a classy guy.

Now, Young is the first rookie QB to visit Hawaii since Dan Marino. He'll play behind the other two AFC starters, Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer. (I guess in this setting Peyton can show VY a thing or two, maybe some of the 'good Peyton' will rub off on VY, and, who knows, Peyton might learn something as well...like, how to keep those negative grimaces off his sorry mug).

The best that can come out of this is the free education from the surrounding cast of excellent (but half-hearted, given the atmosphere) players. Just keep the injuries out of the game, don't take off running like Michael Vick...it's not worth it. A party in Hawaii is just that...socialization and fun.

Will I even watch the thing? Naaahhhhh, probably not. Let me know how it turns out...



Resources: SI, PFT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY