|
|
|---|
Saturday, February 10, 2007

I haven't meant to ignore Anna's passing (truthfully, I never paid a lot of attention to her; given what I percieved to be the predatory nature she used to get...what ever it was she wound up with. But, in hindsight, her story is the quintessential American tradegy, a glittering mirror of our decadence, reflecting...what? our predatory nature and decaying ways?
What, who am I to complain? My air conditioning still works, I have gas to run about in style with speed and due diligence (on occasion) and, given the conditions of much of the rest of the world, I have no room for complaints. So why do I look at Anna with a critical eye? Why not just join the rest of the world in snooping every detail, who-the-daddy, whats-in-the-body, why, why, why? Why not join the entertainment set and drown in the details?
Because, it's painful to watch this spiral, from the onset to an early death, with a touch of the black widow thrown in for good measure. Like Marilyn Monroe before her, the blonde with ambition becomes the corpse from addiction. And, for good measure, we have an audience with obsession...why elsw would you be reading this? Hmmmm?
Well, let's remember the good parts....courtesy of Hugh Hefner...and The Skipper!
Labels: Remember this
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)