Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Of course the season is winding down. I wondered yesterday which AFC team to support less: Manning's or Brady's. I guess since Brady already has THREE SUPERBOWL RINGS, what little support I can generate for an AFC team will have to go to "Naked Butt" Manning. Maybe all will be well and New Orleans will win the Super Bowl.

I haven't posted anything on my favorite hometown team, the Arizona Cardinals (yeah, somehow I'm still a fan) since the Monday Night Meltdown against da Bears, the one that led to The Rant by Denny Greene, and his eventual firing.
The Cards have hired ANOTHER coach to wander around lost in the desert (for a lot less than 7 years, I'll warrant), to try again to make cheap-ass Bidwill's team relevant.
This, from the Arizona Republic:
Cardinals choose Whisenhunt

Ex-Steelers offensive coordinator turned Roethlisberger into Super Bowl champion....

Whisenhunt will become the seventh head coach to try to build a winner with the Arizona Cardinals.
The seventh coach since the Desert Adventure began. Let's see if we got this right: from 1988, the year the Cards moved to Phoenix (and I became a fan), we've seen:

Gene Stallings (1986-1989) 23-39-1, on to Alabama (sanctions boy...)

Hank Kuhlmann (interim) (1989) 5-11 (?)

Joe Bugel (1990-1993) 20-44, on to Raiders, Chargers, Redskins (doing OK)

Buddy Ryan (1994-1995) 12-20, career finished, Horse Breeder...

Vince Tobin (1996-1999) 28-43, one job after Cards, then kaput.

Dave McGinnis (2000-2003) 17-40, now asst. coach with Titans

Dennis Green (2004-2006) 16-32, Fired, Who Knows?

Ken Whisenhunt (2007-Present)

Well, here's hoping that Ken can do something for long-suffering Cardinals fans. But my fear is, until the Bidwills are flushed, we are going to continue to suffer.



powered by performancing firefox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY