Sunday, December 17, 2006

Da Vince, 0 DEFENSE 21

UPDATE 12/18/06 7:00AM

News outlets: Nashville City Paper has a blurb on the new-found love Bud Adams has for Jeff Fisher and Floyd Reese. From Bud:

“Their contracts are up, but we’re talking with them. I don’t like to discuss contracts, not even my contract,” Adams said. “but I said before [Fisher] wasn’t going anywhere. I thought that was pretty emphatic.”

As for Reese, Adams said, “I don’t think he’s going anywhere either.”
Why shake up a team with this many positives, going into offseason in 2 weeks?

From Jacksonville (there's no mention of the Jags on the front page of their rag; I had to search for this...but they do give up a headline for a 'Survivors' bit...)
The Titans kicked a field goal on their fourth play of the second half and didn't run another offensive play until there was 7:45 left in the game, yet scored two touchdowns during that span.

The Jaguars' offensive players, who ran 82 plays to 34 for the Titans, were on the field so much that several of them started cramping up, including Garrard.

"I have never really been a part of a day quite like this,'' Garrard said. "I have never even seen a game like this. It definitely breaks your heart. We pretty much beat ourselves. I just made too many mistakes. It is upsetting.''

I have to take exception to this from Mike Florio (dude who doesn't know how to hyperlink his posts):
POSTED 9:25 a.m. EST, December 17, 2006

FRICTION BETWEEN FISHER, YOUNG?

Word has reached PFT world headquarters that the Vince Young entourage is becoming increasingly annoyed with Titans coach Jeff Fisher.

There's a perception/belief that Fisher has been badmouthing Young to Fisher's friends in the media, pointing out the things that Young has been doing wrong instead of the things that the rookie from Texas has been doing right.

One of Young's harshest critics has been ESPN's Merril Hoge. Most recently, Hoge suggested on this weekend's NFL Matchup show that Young should have thrown the pass instead of run -- on the stirring 39-yard touchdown scamper that delivered a victory in Young's debut in his hometown of Houston.

So why would Fisher be dissing his new quarterback? Because Fisher didn't want him. Fisher and offensive coordinator Norm Chow wanted USC quarterback Matt Leinart. Now that Young is taking the league by storm (including an appearance on the cover of Sports Illustrated), Fisher possibly feels compelled to point out privately Young's flaws.

After all, if the team is winning games despite Young's mistakes and limitations, the conclusion could be that it's happening because the rest of the team is playing pretty darn well.

And being coached well, too.

Hmph. Florio doesn't have a good mole in Nashville. He's getting info from 'off field' sources...and does Vince Young have an 'entourage' in the negative sense of the word?

'Entourage'":Social and financial parasites; pop-culture yes-men; fair-weather friends. People who ride on the success of others until the money runs out on the theory that brown nose + someone else's cash = I get paid." Usually means thugs following behind someone to pick up scraps (see PacMan's early friendset).

What this sounds like to me, if it is true at all, is a Coach trying to keep his player level headed. We've seen what happens when young kids get too caught up in the money and fame, and step off the trail (again, Pac comes to mind, with some of his earlier escapades). Let's let the Coach keep something of a leash if you will on VY's emotions and fame, so he can learn to deal with this newfound fame and fortune.



12/17/06 7:00PM
The Titans won the game today against the Jacksonville Jaguars, not by Vince Young's throwing or running (he left a lot of that in Houston last week, obviously) but by a stunning Where Did They Come From? Defense. Of course, I get there late, barely make the National Anthem.
It's a long story, best left untold.

This photo is hanging by the south entrance, and when I saw it I thought of a local 'fan' who probably hasn't seen enough of it...Yes, this is for you, Frank Brown! (Doesn't Bud Adams look happy here? Probably he's looked this way all week, since the Victory over Houston last weekend!)

This game wasn't about Vince or the Offense. Three whole points, not very remarkable. But the Defense scored a record three TD's, and kept Garrard mystified.


I missed the shot of Pacman returning an interception 83 yards (no one around me had a dry pocket) but I did get this one of Chris Hope's 61-yard interception return (the final defensive score)

And this one of Cortland Finnegan's 92 yard Fumble return...



But my photos of field action aren't pro level; and I get some distractions when people jump up in front of me...


It's doesn't really bother me a bit!


But my favorite shots are of...cheerleaders, and fans? (I got here late, and missed the Cheerleaders off the field! This will have to do...)


Compared to the last game here (the Indy Win), where the cold was biting, the game temp was a balmy 68 degrees, and fans had t-shirts and short...the wind was stilled..


There were quite a few Christmas caps, too...


I have to give credit to this fan, who has exactly the right idea for a T-shirt.




OK, finish up: shots taken, before and leaving the game...I always wondered where all that scrap metal went, after being processed next door; here's the stuff leaving town...



It's a fabulously ugly sight: PSC Metals, formerly known as Steiner-Liff. Within spittin' distance of LP field. Don't get me wrong, they do a fine job, but within that zip code, it's an eyesore. Put the whole operation on a barge and send it downriver to Ashland City, IMHO...

Pickin' and Grinnin' on the pedestrian bridge...

Nashville and the Cumberland River.

The last shot: remember, when you consider the future, it's all about the Young..



Hey, check out this neat little gadget!

Who's going to be the NFL Rookie of the Year?
Devin Hester, Bears
Marques Colston, Aints
Maurice Jones-Drew, Jags
Mathias Kiwanuka, Giants
Vince Young, Titans
Reggie Bush, Aints
Matt Leinert, Cards
Jay Cutler, Broncs
pollcode.com free polls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY